About NIRVAN JAVAN
Inspired by the metropolises and cultures of the world, we at NIRVAN JAVAN have been creating high-quality eyewear frames in the premium segment since 2015. Vibrant cities such as Marrakech, Tokyo and Toronto are reflected in the shape and colour of our fashionable collections, which are successfully distributed via a strong network of partner opticians. We have been expanding since 2020 and have already successfully opened up large parts of Europe.
Bootstrapped: Since 2016, NIRVAN JAVAN has sold more than 55,000 eyewear models and achieved organic sales of over CHF 5.5 million.
Cosmopolitan guiding principle: NIRVAN JAVAN's aim is to bring the cultures of this world to vivid life. Significant parts of urban culture can be found in the details of the designs.
Strong growth: In the past three years (2020–2022), NIRVAN JAVAN recorded average sales growth of 38%.
Loyal base: NIRVAN JAVAN is characterised by a loyal customer base of more than 300 opticians, including premium opticians as well as established chain stores such as Visilab and Kochoptik. Of particular note is our impressive customer retention rate of 86%, a clear indication of our strong presence and popularity in the industry.
Highest quality: Our premium collections are handmade in Japan. With Japanese acetate and titanium, very high-quality and exclusive materials are used.
Consistent management: CEO Lukas Grapow, CCO Nirvan Javan and CFO Patrick Zweifel have been running the company together for over 8 years.
NIRVAN JAVAN is growing. Become a co-owner of NIRVAN JAVAN and join the stylistic journey around the world. Travel with us to distinctive metropolises and gain unique inspiration. New designs are waiting to be experienced.
- Foundation of NIRVAN JAVAN GmbH
- Development of the first optical eyewear collection
- Acquisition of the key accounts Visilab & Kochoptik
- Launch of the first optical eyewear collection
- Market entry Switzerland
- Opening of the NIRVAN JAVAN studio
- Launch of the first sunglasses collection
- Over 5,000 products sold
- Acquisition of the first independent optician shops
- Hiring of the first employee
- Participation in Germany's largest optician trade fair (OPTI Munich)
- First collaboration: Beldona x NIRVAN JAVAN
- Further development of the cosmopolitan brand identity
- Launch of the first premium eyewear collection (LONDON)
- Development and launch of the exclusive Kochoptik collection for the 111th anniversary
- Market entry in Germany
- Production of the campaign #SEETHEWORLD - The Show
- Opening of the EU warehouse for better service and distribution of products in the EU
- EU market entry (Austria, Italy, Belgium and the Netherlands)
- Over 10,000 products sold
- Launch of the first premium sunglasses collection (SHADES OF TORONTO)
- Over CHF 1,000,000 in sales
- Expansion in EU
- Market entry in UK
- Transformation to NIRVAN JAVAN AG
- Exclusive collaboration NIRVAN JAVAN x Bellevue Optics
To see the world at its finest; sharing this experience with the wearers of NIRVAN JAVAN’s designs, this is the brand’s mission. We want to share this cosmopolitan philosophy with as many people as possible. That is why NIRVAN JAVAN is not only expanding its existing markets, but also entering new ones.
Not only are the new collections meant to satisfy regional demands, but the brand is also being established as more than just an eyewear brand. Fashionable frames charged with character transforms designs into experiences.
The designer label NIRVAN JAVAN has thus created a cosmopolitan lifestyle brand that is currently manifested in its exclusive eyewear designs.
In recent years, NIRVAN JAVAN has proven its strength in the eyewear industry through continuous and organic growth. Now is the time to further accelerate this growth with the help of investors and expand our reach.
The following key projects and measures are the focus here:
- Product development: creating new collections to better meet customer needs
- B2B market expansion: expansion of existing markets and development of new markets.
- D2C development: expansion of D2C (Direct to Consumer) activities for direct contact with the end consumer
We made a conscious decision for crowdinvesting as our community is an important part of our vision, we want to grow with them, and we want them to participate in the success of NIRVAN JAVAN.
Born in Berlin and growing up with the two founders in Zurich, Lukas was fascinated by the cosmopolitan charisma of NIRVAN JAVAN from a young age. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (HSG) with a focus on entrepreneurship. During his studies, he worked as a Junior Compliance Officer in banking. He joined the company in its founding year, initially as COO and CMO. About two years ago, he took over the role of CEO and set off on new horizons with NIRVAN JAVAN.
CCO und Co-FounderBiography
Originally trained as an optician, Nirvan Javan realised his dream and founded the designer label NIRVAN JAVAN together with his childhood friend. The combination of ten years of professional experience, a lifelong passion and the pursuit of perfection has made the cosmopolitan designs famous across the industry. Beauty and functionality are to be brought into perfect balance with cosmopolitanism.
CFO und Co-FounderBiography
Patrick Zweifel is co-founder of NIRVAN JAVAN. Before founding the designer label together with his childhood friend, he completed a commercial apprenticeship and then worked for several years in sales in the IT and consulting industry. Since the brand was founded, he has been responsible for the brand's finance and sales activities as CFO. Furthermore, he holds a Bachelor's degree in Banking and Finance (ZHAW).